WHO can participate:
Students ages 10-18 are invited to participate in our ski and snowboard program. Younger students may sign up, if approved. Please contact VSSP if this pertains to you.
Our regular season schedule for this winter is as follows:
First trip: January 06, 2018
January 20, 2018
February 03 & 17, 2018
March 03, 17 & 31, 2018
and April 14, 2018
(Each of these dates will have 1 bus pickup at the Palmer Fred Meyer and 1 bus pickup at the Three Bears on Palmer-Wasilla Highway)
Regular Season Rates:
-$425.00 package includes a lesson, all mountain lift tickets and transportation.
-$600.00 package includes ski or snowboard rental equipment, a lesson, all mountain lift tickets and transportation.
PAYMENT: Payment may be made by cash, check, school allotment or PayPal. Make checks payable to VSSP and mail with completed forms to VSSP, PO Box 874336, Wasilla, AK 99687.
REFUNDS/SUBSTITUTIONS: There are no refunds for missed trips. There are no substitutions allowed if a participant is unable to attend a program date. Program refunds prior to December 1st will be assessed a $25 processing fee. Refunds after December 1st will only be given for extreme circumstances determined by VSSP. If approved, refunds will be prorated and assessed a $25 processing fee.
CANCELLATIONS: Cancellations due to extreme weather may occur. If this happens, we will notify you via email and Facebook. A make-up day will be scheduled as quickly as possible.
- We strongly encourage all participants to wear helmets while skiing or snowboarding and carry medical insurance. Please visit lidsonkids.org for safety information.
- Motor coach buses arrive in the parking lots by 7:30 each morning and depart for Alyeska at 8:00 AM sharp. We depart Alyeska at 5:15 PM and arrive home approximately 7:00 PM. In order for the chaperones to meet responsibilities to all participants, the bus will not be held for any participant.
- The skier responsibility code must be adhered to while on the slopes. Please visit nsaa.org and Know The Code!
- Participants must be responsible for themselves when not at a lesson or in the bus. All participants are expected to behave in a courteous manner. There is zero tolerance for theft, drugs, alcohol and tobacco. If disciplinary action is warranted, chaperones reserve the right to call the parent to pick up the participant, leave the participant at Alyeska Resort, or arrange alternate transportation at the participant’s expense.
- Participants are required to ride the bus both ways unless written permission stating otherwise is provided to a chaperone. You may email us at email@example.com or send your child with a note.
- Chaperones have a table in the day lodge. We encourage participants to place their bags near our designated area. We are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Please bring with you on Saturday weather proof ski & snowboard clothing such as jacket, snow pants, hat, gloves, goggles, warm socks, layered clothing, neck gaiter and hand/toe warmers. Helmets are strongly recommended.
- You may either pack food and drinks or purchase them at the day lodge.
ALYESKA RESORT: Please check the ski and snowboard hotline at (907) SKI-SNOW (754-7669) or www.alyeskaresort.com for weather conditions and general information.